Laboratoire d’Herboristerie Générale (LHG) was founded in 1943 in Marseille, France, a capital for international trade, cultural hub, and point of connection with the East, where the spice trade originated.
Since the beginning, LHG has worked hard to build and maintain partnerships with producers selected for the quality of their spices.
The company sources and supplies materials and has worked in processing and packaging herbs, spices, medicinal plants, teas and cocoa beans for more than 70 years.
The brand Provence Épice is launched to consolidate LHG’s presence in the food industry with herbs and spices.
The century-old brand Épices Rabelais is acquired.
Comextra, a company specialized in trading plant extracts, is acquired. The deal enriches the customer portfolio and strengthens the production system.
Spices are no longer processed by irradiation. Under the Anvar plan, LHG conducts research and develops a highly innovative heat treatment system.
LHG joins the group Hom & Ter Développement to work as closely as possible with production and oversee quality control for its products.
The São Tomé & Príncipe organic pepper supply chain is created.
The company moves to a new location in Aubagne to meet the needs of development.